Ustadha Raidah Shah Idil counsels on the role and duty of daughter toward parents, being a woman, feeling isolated overwhelmed by expectations.   Question: Assalam alaykum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatuh. I am tired. I don’t feel like I understand my purpose anymore. Especially when I see so many of my sisters in Islam living […]

Ustadh Tabraze Azam explains the meaning of Shaytan’s promise to Adam, peace be upon him, concerning eternal life in Paradise.   Question: Assalam alaykum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatuh. I have a question regarding the 120th ayah of Sura Ta Ha in which, according to a translated commentary of this ayah, Shaytan promised immortality and the […]

Skin Conditions and Wudu

Shaykh Abdul-Rahman Reasat advises on how to deal with skin conditions in relation to purification and prayer.   Question: Assalam alaykum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatuh I have these white things in my face which are similar to pus but they are dry. Also they are really small, so you can only see them when […]

Ustadh Jamir Meah clarifies the rulings on mistakes in pronunciation during prayer and what one can do to rectify them.   Question: Assalam alaykum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatuh. A long time ago I read an answer to a question on a different site which has been causing problems I could not resolve until now. […]

Shaykh Abdul-Rahim Reasat is asked about the relation between dreams that cause arousal, possible orgasm, and purity.   Question: Assalam alaykum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatuh. For the past few months I have been having so much hardships with regards to my purity after waking up. I didn’t even know women can have wet dreams […]

Mice Droppings on Sofa

Shaykh Abdul Rahim Reasat is asked if one can assume that dry mice droppings once removed from an area render the area pure. Question: Assalam alaykum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatuh. We had an issue with a couple of mice in my house, which we’ve cleared out. I noticed that they had left droppings on […]

Ustadh Farid Dingle gives advice on how to make amends for having stolen from a friend one no longer is in contact with.   Question: Assalam alaykum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatuh. When I was in school my friend went to the bathroom and gave her lunchbox to me. I took one of the chicken […]

Ustadh Farid Dingle advises on how to apportion one’s estate and designate one’s heirs when one is the only Muslim in the family.   Question: Assalam alaykum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatuh. I am the only Muslim in my family, as I am a convert. My immediate family have passed away including my brother. My […]

Shaykh Jamir Meah clears up confusion about Christian articles of faith and the mistaken picture of Jesus found therein. Question: Assalam alaykum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatuh. Recently I have been having waswasa or something about Christianity. I am a Muslim but I am confused about the following things: 1. Religious Christians describe finding Jesus […]

How Can Allah Just Exist?

Ustadh Salman Younas is asked how it can be that Allah exists necessarily without beginning or end. Question: Assalam alaykum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatuh. I agree that we came into existence and that Allah is the necessary existent to fulfill it. But how can Allah just exist?   Answer: Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmat […]