The least we can do for our brothers and sisters caught in the turmoil of the Middle East and countless other places is pray for them.

This highly potent du’a by the renowned Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Nasir, was recited across Morocco and inspired resistance to the French occupation. So powerful was it that the French President had to issue an order banning its recitation from the mosques. Moroccans date the movement to return King Muhammad from that outlawing of the du’a. It is appropriate to the present state of the Muslim ummah today.

Read Arabic Text of the Dua with Translation

Listen to the Dua recited

Nasiri dua text and audio from Abdassamad Clarke’s website

May Allah protect all our brothers and sisters, ameen.

5 replies
  1. Nomad
    Nomad says:

Assalaamu Alaikum. The least we can do for the people of Syria and our duty as Muslims, we should all take some responsibility, if one part of our body hurts the rest should feel pain, subhanAllah, if only we had the likes of Salahuddin al Ayubi or Sayyiduna Khalid ibn Walid (radiyullahanhum) , what must they feel in their graves, where is the Ummah whom they fought for? Where are the voices against the tyranny that takes place in the land where the sahaba and awliyah are buried? Indeed we are asleep and getting on with normal lives as if nothing is happening. Please forgive me but I am not an Arab only a British Muslim living in a land where I see Arabs doing nothing but talk, how they all love power. True Rulers and believers would not sit back and watch.