Answered by Ustadh Salman Younas

Question: Assalam aleykum

If Fajr finishes at 7.12, and I start praying at 7.09 and finish at 7.12 exactly, is my Fajr prayer valid?

Answer: assalamu alaykum

In the Hanafi school, not completing Fajr before sunrise, which is the end time of the prayer, will invalidate it. Thus, if Fajr ends at 7:12 and you do not complete the prayer prior to this time, you will have to make it up later.

[Ustadh] Salman Younas

Checked and approved by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

Ustadh Salman Younas  graduated from Stony Brook University with a degree in Political Science and Religious Studies. After studying the Islamic sciences online and with local scholars in New York, Ustadh Salman moved to Amman where he spent five years studying Islamic law, legal methodology, belief, hadith methodology, logic, Arabic, and tafsir. He is currently a PhD candidate at the University of Oxford and continues his traditional studies with scholars in the United Kingdom.

Please share this with your family and friends:

"Whoever guides someone to goodness will have a similar reward"-- The Prophet (Peace and Blessings Be Upon Him)