Shaykh Abdurragmaan Khan answers a question about protecting oneself from black magic and how to overcome frustration and despair.
Assalam alaykum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatuh.
I am writing this on my distressed colleague’s behalf.
Her life has been spoiled by her own estranged family. She is critically ill and homeless, stuck very badly and abandoned. She was orphaned very young.
She has been praying hard with no results at all. A few years ago she lost her soulmate because of these estranged people, fear of the same person she was about to settle with, and her sudden memory loss. An illness which she always had.
She feels someone did magic on her as all things go wrong repeatedly, and her estranged family won’t let her make a final decision by refusing to give her her share to meet her expenses for treatment and self, and so that she can start afresh.
It has been going on for a long time and she has been losing hair on head. She prayed hard but no results. She is very sincere. It is making her very frustrated and she is losing her mind and peace. Please advise.
Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmat Allah wa barakatuh.
Thank you for writing to us.
As an immediate suggestion, your friend may implement the following:
- 1. Sleep in a state of ablution.
- 2. Before going to bed, recite the verse of the footstool (Ayah al-Kursi), and the last three chapters of the Quran. Thereafter, blow into your hands and wipe over your body. This is a Prophetic method of protecting oneself from all evil.
- 3. Recite the chapter of the cow (Surah al-Baqarah) as often as possible, especially in the place of residence. If one cannot recite this chapter, then have it playing from a recorder.
- 4. Be punctual in reciting the
- (The Subtle Litany) in the morning after Fajr and the
- (the famous litany of Imam al-Haddad) before or after magrib.
If your friend continues performing these actions, her challenges will disappear with the will of Allah, the Mighty. If it persists, she may have to consult a Raqi (someone who specializes in the treatment of black magic).
May Allah protect you and her and remove challenges from both your paths, Amin.
Checked and approved by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani.