How can we be content with our lives?
Why did the old man in the palace give the young man olive oil when he was asked about the meaning of happiness? Shaykh Ahmad Saad tells us the story, which serves as a powerful reminder for us to be content in whatever situation Allah has placed us in. The shaykh also gives practical steps in knowing and achieving the “essentials of Qur’anic contentment”. Our thanks to ISNA Canada for the recording.
Resources on Being Content
- Divine Decree, Contentment, and Lessons From the Prophet’s Life
- Revisiting “Meaning and Experience of Happiness in Islām
- Advice for those Feeling Down: Remembrance of Allah is the Key to being Conent
- Contentment, Reliance on Allah, and Pure Intention – Shaykh Abdal Hakim Murad
- Faith and Living With Disability – A Reflection by Sister Latifa Daud
- The Four Integrals of Religion – Sahl ibn Abd Allah
- How Do You Distinguish Between a Test From Allah and Punishment
- What Exactly Is Patience?