Why did Habib Umar bin Hafiz give his students a blanket that smelt like baby urine? Habib Mundhir al-Musawa gives the answer and talks about his relationship with Habib Umar in an interview given shortly before his death. With genuine humility, he describes his early days seeking knowledge and then his first steps in calling to Allah.
He talks about the key to his success, his immense attachment to his Shaykh, Habib Umar bin Hafiz. The film is interspersed with footage of Majelis Rasulullah, the intense gathering which he established in Jakarta, Indonesia.
This short film titled ‘The Shaykh and the Murid’ gives a unique insight into the life of one of the heroes of our times, Habib Mundhir al-Musawa, may Allah have mercy upon him. In his short life, Habib Mundhir had a huge impact on thousands, if not millions of people and was a cause of many people returning to Allah. Our thanks to Muwasala for this video.
Resources for Seekers
- Why Learn From A Teacher?
- How does Islamic knowledge transform us and why?
- Reflections on Purification of the Heart – Ustadha Raidah Shah Idil
- Counsels & Wisdom on Uprightness & Spiritual Transformation
- How Can I Purify My Heart? A Reader
- Connecting Our Hearts to Allah – Ustadh Amjad Tarsin
- Using Time Wisely, Finding a Teacher, and the Accountability of Seekers of Knowledge
- Is the hadith: “The scholars are the inheritors of the prophets” authentic?
Cover Photo by Daniel Orth