Amjad Tarsin was born and raised in Ann Arbor, Michigan. He obtained his Bachelors of Arts at the University of Michigan in English Literature and Islamic Studies.
After completing his BA, Amjad spent an intensive year studying at the illustrious Dar al-Mustafa for Islamic Sciences in Tarim, Yemen. He then enrolled at Hartford Seminary’s Islamic Chaplaincy program where he completed his Master’s Degree.
In 2012 he was hired by the Muslim Chaplaincy of Toronto as Canada’s first full-time Muslim Chaplain serving at a university. He is currently the Muslim Chaplaincy of Toronto’s Executive Director and Head Chaplain. He also teaches at SeekersHub Toronto.
- LRBMG10- Introduction to Islam: What It Means to Be Muslim
- LRBMG15- Becoming a Man: The Young Muslim’s Guide to Growing Up
- PGPCG10- An Introduction to the Methods of Da’wa: The Introduction of Imam al-Haddad’s al-Da’wa al-Tamma Explained: How to Call to Allah With Excellence
- On-Demand – 30 Days, 30 Deeds: A Roadmap of Virtues and Good to Transform Your Life and Relations
- On-Demand – Clarity and Calm in an Age of Anger – Lessons on Navigating Troubled Times
- On-Demand – One Body: Strengthening the Bonds of Love & Community