Answered by Ustadh Tabraze Azam Question: Assalam alaykum I am learning to pray with tajwid but it makes me very self conscious…sometimes I repeat a word many times to correct it…Do theses mistake invalidate the prayer? Answer: Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah, Most recitation errors are excusable. Focus on your pronunciation outside of the prayer, and […]

Answered by Ustadha Raidah Shah Idil Question: Assalam aleykum, I married a Christian man after he converted to Islam. We have children now. My husband went to the US, and after 6 months of his return, he announced that he has converted back to Christianity. I have tried persuading him but to no avail. Should […]

Answered by Ustadh Tabraze Azam Question: Assalam alaykum My friend and I applied to the same job. For the company we applied to, there were two different positions. I applied to both positions and she applied to only one. For the position we both applied to, she was invited to an interview but I was […]

Answered by Shaykh Farid Dingle Question: Assalamu alaykum Is it our duty to search under rocks for an answer? For example, with regards to food we consume, or products we use, is it an obligation on me to read the ingredients list one by one, and then confirm that every ingredient is halal, and if […]

Answered by Ustadh Tabraze Azam Question: Assalam alaykum Can I pray the night-vigil prayer (tahajjud) 5 minutes before the entry of true dawn (fajr)? Answer: Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah, Yes, you can pray the night-vigil prayer (tahajjud) even minutes before the entry of true dawn (fajr). The night-vigil prayer (tahajjud) is generally that which is […]

Answered by Shaykh Jamir Meah Question: Assalamu alaykum I gifted someone a body lotion that I later learned contains glycerin. I contacted the company and was unable to confirm whether this glycerin is indeed animal or vegetable sourced, both are possible. Is this item permissible to use? This person does not read English and so […]

Answered by Shaykh Farid Dingle Question: Assalamu alaykum I have recently gotten married to a wonderful man. The only thing that has been bothering me is that he asks me questions of my past. A few years ago I used to smoke marijuana to help with my depression. I have since quit and it’s not […]

Answered by Shaykh Farid Dingle Question: Assalamu alaykum Almost a year ago I had severe doubts that led me to learn more about Allah. While searching I came across Sufism and this led me to practice seclusion. And alhamdulillah I got rewarded by Allah with the sweetness of faith and being present with him. Bbut […]

Answered by Shaykh Jamir Meah Question: Assalamu alaykum Is the hadith ‘I am the city of knowledge and ‘Ali is its door’ authentic? Answer: Wa’alaykum assalam, thank you for your question. The hadith, ‘I am the city of knowledge and ‘Ali is its door’ is reported in Al Hakim’s Mustadrak and other works. Scholars differed […]

Answered by Shaykh Jamir Meah Question: Assalamu alaykum In our city the government is giving us a place for an Islamic cemetary. I am involved in this project. The government asked us to note down the Islamic rules of a cemetery (for example Facing qibla). Could you kindly explain to us what the rules are […]