Amina Assilmi

Answered by Ustadha Raidah Shah Idil Question: Assalam aleykum, I fell in love with a married man. He confided in me about how he has not had marital intimacy with his wife since the birth of his two year old son. She is rude to him, his parents, and has many other bad character traits. […]

Answered by Ustadha Raidah Shah Idil Question: Assalam aleykum, I am a convert to Islam, and I married a single mother. We were so happy at first but, then time went on, I noticed a difference in our practice of Islam. My wife likes to mingle, is out almost all day, and is very active […]

What Is Riya (Ostentation)?

Answered by Ustadh Salman Younas Question: Assalam aleykum I became a muslim because of my free choice. So why should I show gratitude to Allah for being a Muslim? Answer: assalamu alaykum Humans are ascribed with free-will in so far as they acquire their actions due to their choice (ikhtiyar), but man does not create […]

What are the things deemed fitlhy in the Hanafi school?

Answered by Ustadh Salman Younas Question: Assalam aleykum Cape Town, South Africa is still experiencing a major drought and we try to introduce measures to reduce water wastage. Considering that one can sometimes waste water taking wudoo by a tap I wanted to know if it permissible to take Wudoo using the same bottle one […]

sad woman

Watching Pornography.

purpose

Answered by Shaykh Abdul-Rahim Reasat Question: Assalamu alaykum In the past I used to watch pornographic videos in which there were actresses wearing the hijab. I know this is a disgusting thing, but have I committed kufr by watching them? Also, there are certain chatrooms online where people talk about seducing and converting kafir women […]

Prayer Spiritual Travel Intention

Answered by Shaykh Abdul-Rahim Reasat Question: Assalamu alaykum I wet my undergarments a lot due to waswas about urine. If I have an erotic dream and feel something coming out I check my underwear and they’re wet. Can I assume this is due to me wetting them when awake? I should add that I have […]

Answered by Ustadha Raidah Shah Idil Question: Assalam aleykum, I am seriously considering marrying a divorced man who has a 5 year old daughter. He comes from a good family Mashallah and I am content with the level of deen that I understand he practices and how I see his Akhlaq. I have never been […]

Have I Sinned for Missing a Day of My Daily Schedule of Makeup Prayers?

Answered by Shaykh Abdurragmaan Khan Question: Assalam alaykum, I have asked to an Imam to perform the prayer of consultation on why we cannot have a baby. After praying it this Imam told to my husband that if he would marry someone else he would have a baby. As for having a baby with me […]

Do All Vaginal Discharges Invalidate My Wudu?

Answered by Shaykh Abdul-Rahim Reasat Question: Assalamu alaykum A scholar talked about the issue of women attending the mosque. He said that women should be allowed to go to mosques contrary to what has been said in the past because in today’s world they have nowhere to go if they are looking for an islamic […]