After a long climb, the group stop by a mountain pool to make ablutions (wudu) and pray Asr, the daily afternoon prayer. What follows is an impromptu lesson from Shaykh Asim Yusuf on how the fiqh rulings on water, impurity and ablution work in practice.
Shaykh Asim Yusuf is a co-founder of the Path to Salvation Syllabus in the UK.
Shaykh Dr Asim Yusuf, who goes by the pen-name of Talib al-Habib, is a Consultant Psychiatrist with a special interest in Islamic Spirituality and Mental Health. He is acknowledged as an authority on Islamic Psychology and is regularly to deliver lectures and seminars on the subject. He serves on the advisory panel of the Centre for Islam and Medicine, as well as in an advisory capacity to a number of community initiatives and charities.
Resources on wudu for seekers:
- Can I Pray in Clothes that Were Licked by a Dog?
- How Many Prayers Can I Pray with One Single Ablution?
- All the Nullifiers of Ablution According to the Hanafi school of thought
- Advice for Sufferers of Extreme Waswasa or OCD in Issues of Purification
- Is My Ablution Invalidated if I Fall Asleep in the Car?
- What Should I Do If I Lost My Wudu While Leading Others In Prayer?
- Does Laughing in Prayer Break Wudu?
- Do We Need to Remove Makeup When Making Ablution?
- Nosebleed & Nullification of Ablution
- Bleeding Gums and Ablution
- Does Wudu Break If a Stranger Sees Your Hair?
- Can You Touch Partial Verses of the Qur’an Without Wudu?
- Does Drying or Touching the Private Parts Necessitate Wudu?
- Is Your Wudu Invalid If the Limb You Just Washed Dries Before You Wash The Next One?
- The Fiqh of Chronic Excuses and Ablution
- Gargling or Rinsing the Mouth During Ablution and Ghusl?
- Performing Ablution While Naked?
- Performing Tayammum if Paralyzed
- Doubts Regarding Whether Nosebleeds Break My Wudu
- Can a Pregnant Woman Make Tayammum if Doing Wudu is Difficult?
- Washing Limbs During Wudu and Ghusl With Used Water
- Reciting Qur’an Without Ritual Purity
- Forgetting Parts of Ritual Ablution and Maintaining Continuity
- Does Wiping Non-Flowing Blood From Lips Break Wudu?
- Does Accidentaly Consuming Alcohol Invalidate Ritual Ablution