When Imam Zaid Shakir lived in Syria, he met a gentleman and they struck up a conversation. When the man learnt that Imam Zaid had knowingly embraced Islam, he was incredulous, “Why would you do that? I was born Muslim so I’m stuck. Why would you choose this?”
This is an increasingly common phenomenon – not just amongst Muslims but with regards to faith in general. Watch – and share with your friends, this brilliant lecture from Imam Zaid at the Islamic Center of Irvine. As always, he offers a great deal of clarity and guidance.
Ever get caught out on these issues? Thinking of becoming a convert To Islam? Deepen your understanding by taking a short course with SeekersHub.
Resources for seekers
- “Come, come, whoever you are”
- Belief In God In An Age Of Doubt
- How Can I Strengthen My Belief in the Unseen?
- The Way of Mainstream Islam in Belief, Practice, and Spirituality
- Misgivings Regarding Apostasy and How to Deal with Them
- How Do I Strengthen My Faith and Truly Repent?
- What is the Ruling For Someone Who Has Thoughts of Disbelief?