“You open the books of Imam Ghazali and your basking in the favours of Allah” says Shaykh Ibrahim Osi-Efa, while introducing Imam Ghazali and the book Breaking the Two Desires from his work Ihya Ulum Al-Din.
Shaykh Ibrahim emphasizes the importance of the books of Imam Ghazali by relating insightful dreams people have had with the Imam in them and also gives a beautiful summary of how the Ihya is broken down. We thank Greensville Trust for this video.
Resources for Seekers
- Islamic Time Management – Imam Ghazali on Careful Use of Time
- Imam Ghazali’s Ihya ‘Ulum al-Din’s Importance and Value: A Reader
- Lost Ummah? The Key to Jerusalem is Imam Ghazali’s Ihya
- The Proper Manners of Keeping Allah’s Company – Imam Ghazali
- Video: The Life and Works of Imam al-Ghazali – Shaykh Abdal Hakim Murad
- Ghazali: The Importance Of Character