Ustadha Dr. Rania Awaad guides us through stress reduction strategies and techniques drawn from the way of the Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him. Reducing stress in our lives can put our minds and bodies in a better state, God willing, to take advantage of the manifold spiritual opportunities life offers.
Ustadha Dr Rania Awaad has received a traditional license (ijazah) to teach Qur’anic recitation (tajwid) in both the Hafs and Warsh recitations from the late eminent Syrian scholar, Shaykh Abu Hassan al-Kurdi. In addition to completing several advanced texts of the Shafi’i school (madhhab), she is licensed to teach texts of Maliki jurisprudence (fiqh), literature (adab), and spirituality (ihsan). She is also a physician. Her medical interests include addressing mental health care concerns in the Muslim community, particularly that of Muslim women. Other on-going endeavors include the compilation of a manual addressing female-related medical issues from a fiqh-oriented perspective as well as a manual on raising Muslim children in the West.
Resources for seekers
- SeekersHub Answers on Coping with Stress and Anxiety
- The Emotional Brilliance of the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ
- Seeking Out A Culturally-Sensitive Counsellor
- Can My Wife Divorce Me Because I Did Not Disclose My Mental Health Issues?
- How Can I Avoid Anxiety and Being Taken Advantage
- Asking Allah for Well-Being: The Sunna of the Prophet
- Doubting My Ability to Suceed Due to Insults from Family and Friends
- What Can I Do About Anxiety in Prayer
- Dealing With Anxiety About Death and Dying
- Getting Over Marriage Anxiety When Diagnosed With Hirsutism
- I Need to Get Things off My Chest. Can I Confide in My Husband or Is that Gossiping?
- Why do We Send Prayers of Peace & Blessings Upon the Beloved?
- Medical Conditions and Waswasa
- Advice for Sufferers of Extreme Waswasa or OCD
- “What happened to Ahmad?”: Responding to Muslim Youth at Risk